jeanfong-city

A Journal of 3 Es - Encouragement, Exhortation, Edification

Friday, August 7, 2009

MINUTE MEDITATIONS FOR EACH DAY


Psalm 1:2

His delight is in the law of the Lord; and in His law doth he mediate day and night.

A man who loves the Word of God - a man who dwells upon what it says - a man who keeps a little text in his mind to think about as he is walking on his way, and that mediates upon it day and night - "whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. If you can find a man who carries out this direction and doesn't prosper, you can doubt the inspiration of the first Psalm; but find the man first.

I have a book called Minute Meditations for Each Day for me to reflect and pray every day. I like to share with you dear readers some of the meditations:

Enter by the narrow gate (Matthew 7:13)
Reflection:Narrow is the gate that leads from this world into heaven. Only through sorrow, repentance, and victory over self will those who are haughty attain union with God. Is not this end worthy of any sacrifice?
Prayer:God, You are my highest Good. No road will be too long if it leads me to You, no sacrifice too hard. Bless and strengthen my good will!

Let the dead bury their own dead (Luke 9:60)
Reflection:When we are called by God to follow Him, there is only one thing to be done; obey Him immediately. Every other consideration must yield because it is an impediment to this obedience. It must be set aside at any cost, even if the price is our own life. Do I consider the following of Christ all-important in my life?
Prayer:Lord, let me be prompt in accomplishing Your will totally and joyously, without hesitation of any kind.

It is through many trials that we are to enter the Kingdom of God (Acts 14:22)
Reflection:Our eternal destination is to enter the Kingdom of heaven. However, we must undergo many trials and tribulations to reach our goal, where we will have eternal happiness. Are not all the sufferings that must be faced on the way worth our patient endurance in order to reach that destination-even if they include death?
Prayer:My Saviour, strengthen me so that I may follow You. Let the cross of this world be one day my key to heaven.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home